The Probation Department provides the Chisago County District Court with a variety of services under the authority of Minnesota Statute 244.19. Services include, but are not limited to:
- Pre-Trial Bail Evaluations
- Coordinating the placement of clients in appropriate community and residential programs.
- Pretrial Supervision
- Providing probation supervision to:
- Adult Misdemeanor and Gross Misdemeanor Offenses
- All Juvenile Offenses
- Veterans Supervised Program
- Providing the court with necessary reports, such as:
- Chemical Use Assessments and Reviews
- Chemical Use Pre-Screen Reports
- Domestic Abuse Investigations
- Mental Health Screens
- Pre-Dispositional Reports and Pre-Sentence Investigations
- Probation Violation Reports
- Adult Certification and E.J.J. Reports
- Review and Discharge Reports
When providing these services, this department strives to maintain a balance of providing public safety, community restoration and restitution, and client competency building.
All of these and other services are provided under the direction of the Chisago County District Court and within Minnesota statutes.
To provide the Chisago County District Court and the citizens of Chisago County with research-based practices designed to enhance public safety and promote client rehabilitation.